CAEP 2004 Poster Presentations - Session B
Tuesday, April 27, 1730 - Thursday, April 29, 1220
- RB Abu-Laban: Validation of the Gothenburg futility criteria for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest presenting with pulseless electrical activity.
- RB Abu-Laban: Relationship between rapidity of fibrinolytic administration and probability of pulse return in patients given tissue plasminogen activator during pulseless electrical activity cardiac arrest.
- B Mathieu: Chest pain emergency department observation unit: a Canadian experience.
- KW Cheung: Systematic review of the treatment of post-cardiac arrest patients with mild hypothermia.
- BM Diner: Emergency department presentations of atrial fibrillation (AF) in the United States.
- R Abu-Laban: A comparison of methodologic approaches to quantify return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) in cardiac arrest research including ROSC survival analysis.
- K Magee: Heparin versus placebo for acute coronary syndromes.
- I Stiell: What are the most important unanswered questions for pediatric cardiac arrest?
- J Kahle: What are the characteristics and outcomes of non-transported pediatric patients?
- KJ Farion: Prospective validation of the MET-AP clinical decision support system for pediatric emergency department triage of acute abdominal pain.
- MJ Bullard: The effect of an electronic clinical practice guideline on the management of acute otitis media in the emergency department.
- RD Goldman: Sedation and analgesia for incarcerated inguinal hernia in the paediatric emergency department.
- B Bailey: Status migrainosus in children: A 3 year experience with prochlorperazine.
- DR Harris: Variability in investigation and management of transient ischemic attacks among Canadian emergency physicians.
- DR Harris: Prevention of stroke after transient ischemic attack by Canadian emergency physicians.
Topic: Education / Teaching
- KD Magee: Student patient encounters during a mandatory emergency medicine rotation.
- D Blouin: Effects on a review course on emergency medicine residents' self-assessed confidence.
- D Blouin: Performance of emergency medicine postgraduate year 5 residents on visual stimuli stations during a practice exam.
- G Bandiera: What's in it for us? Faculty and resident perceptions about formal teaching sessions.
Topic: Clinical Practice
- DL McGillivray: Impact on admission rates of evidence-based (EB) guidelines in the real life of the emergency department (ED).
- B Borgundvaag: Management of alcohol withdrawal: A chart audit of two urban emergency departments.
- SM Pulfrey: Emergency physicians: Their considerations of pain recognition and management startegies.
- S Campbell: How often should indwelling IV catheters in ambulatory patients be flushed?
- DK Reid: The use of propofol for procedural sedation in a rural community hospital.
- SK Dowling: Use of comparison views for pediatric elbow injuries in Canadian non-pediatric emergency departments: A survey of physician practices.
- BH Rowe: Analysis of scoring trends and reviewer agreement from three years of abstract submissions to the CAEP annual meeting.
- BH Rowe: A description of abstract submission trends to the past four CAEP annual meetings.
- S Dong: Emergency department triage: Evaluating the validity of a computerized triage tool.
- P Parks: Distance learning in emergency medicine: Lessons learned in the creation and implementation of an online disaster medicine curriculum.
- MJ Bullard: Emergency department management of low back pain: A review of changes in treatment following the implementation of an electronic clinical practice guideline.
- RS Green: Effect of anticholinergic drugs on the efficacy of activated charcoal.
- JR Brubacher: Emergency department revisit rates in patients with substance problems in a Canadian tertiary care hospital population.
- B Bailey: Factors associated with the use of psychoactive substances before or after a night shift by Canadian emergency physicians.
- AE Salter: Compliance with American Geriatrics Society care guidelines for elderly fallers in a tertiary emergency department.
- CM Hohl: Emergency physician recognition of adverse drug related events in elderly patients presenting to an emergency department. Hohl CM, Robitaille C, Lord V, Dankoff J, Colacone A, Pham L, Bérard A, Pépin J, Afilalo M.
- JS Lee: Falls and anxiety: the life-line emergency response system trial (FALLERS Trial).
- V Joanis: Advance directives in the QEII Health Sciences Centre emergency department setting.
- D Watt: Public expectations of emergency department care: A focus group study.
- TS Langhan: Famous last words: Emergency department discharge instructions.
- RT Arntfield: Problem patients and primary care in the ED: The medication requesting patient - A closer look.