November 2004 Vol 6, No 6
- Lack of consensus on corneal abrasion management: results of a national survey
Lisa Calder, MD; Sowmya Balasubramanian, MSc; Ian Stiell, MD, MSc
- Focused abdominal ultrasound for blunt trauma in an emergency department without advanced imaging or on-site surgical capability
Michael Shuster, MD; Riyad B. Abu-Laban, MD, MHSc; Jeff Boyd, MB BS; Charles Gauthier, MD; Sandra Mergler, MD; Lance Shepherd, MD; Chris Turner, MD
- Laryngoscopic views during rapid sequence intubation in the emergency department
Colin A. Graham, MPH, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, FFAEM; Angela J. Oglesby, FRCSEd FFAEM; Diana Beard, MBA; Dermot W. McKeown, FRCA FRCSEd
- Revisions to the Canadian Emergency Department Triage and Acuity Scale Implementation Guidelines
Michael Murray, MD; Michael Bullard, MD; Eric Grafstein, MD; for the CTAS and CEDIS National Working Groups
- Pediatric wrist buckle fractures: Should we just splint and go?
Amy C. Plint, MD; Jeffrey J. Perry, MD, MSc; Jennifer L.Y. Tsang, MD
- Cardiac concussion (commotio cordis)
Rahim Valani, MD; Angelo Mikrogianakis, MD; Ran D. Goldman, MD
- The removal of coins from the upper esophageal tract of children by emergency physicians: a pilot study
Edward J. Vargas, MD; Ameer P. Mody, MD; Tommy Y. Kim, MD; T. Kent Denmark, MD; James A. Moynihan, DO, MS; Besh B. Barcega, MD; Aqeel Khan, MD; Robin T. Clark, BS; Lance Brown, MD, MPH
Knowledge Applied to Practice
- Do femoral nerve blocks improve acute pain control in adults with isolated hip fractures?
Reviewed by: Katrina Hurley, MD
- Pyloric stenosis
James E. Colletti, MD
- Mandating automated external defibrillators in schools: Fire, ready, aim!
Department of Emergency Medicine, Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, Calif.
- Finding balance
Mary Jane Thorne, MD